The current state of Venezuela among world rankings might not be good news for its citizens. This is due to the fact that most of the international reports of the country’s current ranking state that Venezuela is listed in the top 10 categories including crime and corruption. Especially now that it’s current President Nicholas Maduro has been the subject of every protest and rallies of his fellow citizens. The patience of many Venezuelans has been tested by their President’s plan and action towards their economy especially on currency withdrawal. This greatly affected the country’s current world rankings and included them among one of the worst in the world.
Here are few of the current world rankings of Venezuela
- Corruption– Statistics from Corruption Perceptions Index stated that Venezuela was ranked 7th most corrupt country in the world.
- Crime– Venezuela was ranked as the top 2 highest homicide rate in the world, as stated in the list of countries by homicide rate. Since 2014 up to 2016, numerous protests and riots on their current President have been reported which left more than 50 protesters dead. Venezuela’s capital, Caracas, has one of the greatest homicide rates in the world with over 122 homicides per 100,000 residents.
- Human Development– The 2014 Human Development Index ranked Venezuela as the top 71 highest human development in the world. The study is used to determine which country has the very high human development, high human development, medium human development, low human development and very low human development.
- Economy– The World Bank list of countries by GDP ranked Venezuela as the 30th biggest economy in the world. In 2013, the country has devalued its currency due to growing number of shortages in the country. The said shortages included common necessities such as milk, toilet paper and flour. The growing number of shortages still continues until today which led to different protest, rallies, and riots on the streets of Venezuela.
- Health– A study on the list of countries by life expectancy reported that Venezuela is on the top 84 longest life expectancy. Shortages in food such as milk, meat, chicken, coffee and other essential products made Venezuela among the lowest life expectancy rank in the world.
Other world rankings:
Rank 5– Worst airport in the world. A survey conducted by Sleeping In Airports revealed that Caracas International Airport as the top 5 worst airports in the world. Chaotic, uncomfortable and dull are among the top responses of voters in the said survey. The absence of chairs plus the dirty bathrooms even worse the voter’s experience.
Rank 1– Most dangerous city in the world. Caracas, Venezuela as stated above is on the top one spot with over 122 homicide rates per 100,000 residents.
It is no surprising that Venezuela, Latin America’s 6th most populous country, has been on the world news nowadays. The political mismanagement,ongoing drought, the increasing crime rate, the drop off in oil, shortages in food and many others all contribute to its negative world rankings. If not taken into action, the negative impact will continue and it might be too late for Venezuela to rise again and lift up their country.